Click Here to read it FOR FREE on Amazon!
IF HE LOSES, SHE DIES
Her voice haunts his thoughts; her whispers fill his days
But when he discovers the woman of his dreams is real
He’ll race the clock to save her before she’s lost to him forever
Scarred by lightning, burdened with a power that gives him no peace, criminal investigator Xander Stone struggles to maintain his sanity against the voice that haunts him day and night—the voice of a woman begging him to save her.
Isleen Walker has long since given up hope of escape from the nightmare of captivity and torture that is draining her life, her mind, and her soul. Except…there is the man in her feverish dreams, a strangely beautiful man who beckons her to freedom. And when he comes, if he comes, it will take all their combined fury and faith to overcome a madman bent on fulfilling a deadly prophecy
Here are a few teasers from Abbie…
*He might’ve only met her four days ago, but she’d been inside his head for years and somehow that made her intimately familiar. Not to mention that she’d waited all that time for him to find her and save her. The least he could do was offer the rest of his life as penance. If she needed time, he would give every second to her.
*He lost what he was going to say in the sensation of holding her. She was so petite, barely tall enough to reach his pecs, and yet she fit every angle and curve of him as if they were two pieces finally fit back together to make one.
*He scooped her up in his arms, cradling her to his chest, his mind flashing back to the day he found her—and to holding her this same way. God, she had weighed so little, had seemed so fragile, but she was strong. Stronger than he’d ever be. Knowing what she’s gone through, what she’d survived—yeah. Strong was too weak a word to describe her.
Seven Things about Abbie Roads:
1. She loves Snicker Parfaits. Gotta start with what’s most important, right?
2. She writes dark emotional books featuring damaged characters, but always gives her hero and heroine a happy ending… after torturing them for three hundred pages.
- By day she’s a mental health counselor known for her blunt, honest style of therapy. At night she burns up the keyboard. Well… Burn might be too strong a word. She at least sits with her hands poised over the keyboard, waiting for inspiration to strike. And when it does—the keyboard might get a little warm.
- She can’t stand it when people drive slowly in the passing lane. Just saying. That’s major annoying. Right?
- She loves taking pictures of things she thinks are pretty.
- She’s represented by Michelle Grajkowski of 3 Seas Literary.
- Her debut novel, RACE THE DARKNESS, was a Publishers Weekly Top 10 Pick for Fall.